Work at a great place
We are currently seeking energetic and friendly bartenders and wait staff who have a passion for all things craft beer, mead, cider and distilled spirits as well as outstanding guest service to join our team.
Full time and part time positions are available. The Barrel is open 7 days a week, as early as 11am and as late as 11pm on some nights. Estimated opening is early May 2016. TIPS certification will be required for all staff.
We are specifically looking for passionate people to join our fun, lively and energetic team. Due to our location, our demand volume, and keg rotating, this will be a fast-paced rapidly changing environment, where hard work and working well with others is paramount.
- You will need to reside in, nearby or willing to make the commute to Estes Park.
- Strong craft beer, mead, cider and distilled spirits knowledge
- Passion for craft beer and its culture is a must
- Ability and willingness to provide your knowledge to our guests in a fun and informative manner
- Guest service experience in a face-to-face capacity
- Ability and willingness to learn more about the craft beer industry
- Ability to think quickly and not get flustered
- Ability to know a menu of 65 beers on tap plus our bottle list like the back of your hand
- Self-starter personality and willingness to help wherever is needed
- Draft system maintenance and troubleshooting
- Must be willing to handle and move kegs as needed
- Professional and positive attitude
- Creative problem solver
- Friendly personality and the understanding that the guest always comes first
- Comfortable behind the bar as well as serving tables and washing glassware
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and nights consecutively
- Bartending and/or taproom experience
- Craft beer bartending experience
- Experience in fine dining or similar capacity where service expectations are high
- Tour guide or public speaking experience
- Solid understanding of the brewing process
- Poor and negative attitudes
- Unwillingness to learn more about the craft beer industry
- Lack of retention after an educational seminar
- Disrespecting, making fun or otherwise insulting a guest
- Refusal to help out wherever is needed